View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 01:06 AM   #94
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
Well as repeated here so often the CAMARO is full MSRP or more with dealer "add ons " (ADD THE SUNROOF too, stock with leather on the Honda )
while a new Honda can be had on Ebay any week for $26,000. Does "Sporty' mean heavy?? AS IN 300LBS HEAVIER?
Dealer "add-ons" are traps for any fools who don't know any better or those who are too impatient to walk down the street to another dealer. Not fair or accurate to throw that in the mix, neither is Ebay, because there are no Camaros in existence to even be on Ebay...MSRP is the only fair scale for everybody.

Sunroof, okay -- I could give you that, but do 100% of buyers WANT a sunroof? It's a choice thing, imo, as I certainly don't. But Honda stuffs it down your throat, whereas Chevy gives you a choice (that, when added -- STILL keeps the car's price lower than the Accord: it's only a $900 option)

"Sporty" as in superior handling, and FEEL. Weight, though still a valid question, seems to become a threshold issue. How much more heavy does a car have to be before one can actually FEEL it? But don't take my word -- go read a few of the Reviews, and speak with just a few of the disciples. The V6 car is a most impressive handler -- worthy of much more than a "base-model" designation. None of the magazines made any mention of the car feeling heavy...none of them. And one magazine went so far as to say the Camaro performed like it was the American-version of the Infiniti G37. When I said that, I was simply reaffirming my faith that this car will deliver in leaps and bounds above what the cynics expect from it.