View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #7
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45anni-gen5 View Post
if kn would damage the engine it would never have made it out of development. I have contacted KN and they told me that they do not yet make an intake for the 2012 v6 yet and that the 2010 and 2011 models are not designed for the new motor. i was told its in development but that it may be a while before release. There is a few sites who advertise it will fit but i was advised by JEGS and Summit not to try it due to an improper air flow to the new computer and engine.....

But paper is most def not better IMO

My Suggestion is to just wait until it is released or go with another brand. I have called injen and BBK and Many other companies and i keep getting told that there is no actual LFX intake on the market yet they are all in DEVELOPMENT :/ so i just threw in a KN filter and called it good for now
Sounds like Injen and BBK straight up lied to you just so they wouldn't lose business. Cold Air Inductions has had their cold air intake out for a LONG time now, followed by Rotofab. Hell, I'm pretty sure Injen has an intake available for the 2012 LFX too now so if they just recently told you that then the person you talked to has absolutely no clue what they are talking about...

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote