View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 10:13 PM   #78
mondain

Drives: toyota
If we get keyless start, I just hope GM doesn't screw it up like BMW did. Unless you purchase the "Comfort Access" package (which I believe was renamed to something else in 2010?) you still get "pushbutton start" -- provided you put the key fob into a slot in the dash first.

Which gains you nothing, and is a waste of the the concept.

If you're going to do pushbutton start, this day and age, you have to do true RFD. Keyfob in pocket, pushbutton start.

The idea isn't for everyone, which is why I suggest it for an Option and not a Standard feature. But keep in mind this is touted as the "most technologically advanced Camaro ever". Do I think GM can add tech features like this to the ZL1 and not 1) destroy bottom line pricing, and 2) still remain true to the ZL1 musclecar heritage? Absolutely. Which is why I will continue to push for features like this and MyLink for our ZL1.

However when I see the keyfob like in the photo in this thread, I realize that 99% of the feature decisions for the ZL1 have already been made, and unfortunately do not include features like MyLink or keyless start :(
mondain is offline   Reply With Quote