View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 11:58 PM   #5
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpomeroy View Post
Do you have a picture?
Also, if your grill is black and you havent tried it yet, Adams "In and Out Spray" works wonders on things like vents and grills, particularly in tight spots. It may be that you're getting water spots in between the vents that dry up and appear grey but are really just water spots. The In and Out Spray will make it look like new in about 10 seconds.

Its probably a good idea to give it a good drying (leaf blower) next wash to test out the theory, but in In and Out Spray is a "must have" (IMO) for what you've discribed.
I don't have a picture of it since it has turned chalky, only after it was newly installed. Thank you for your feedback! I will definitely consider this option!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd@Autopia View Post
Is it painted? If it is painted and it has turned chalky it is do the oxidation (the same as how older cars turned chalky).

A mild paint cleaner should clean it up, and then coat with a wax to restore the look.

I would look at BLACKFIRE Total Polish N Seal, it features cleaners, polishing agents, and a durable paint sealant in one product. It will restore the look and protect it in one easy step.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/black...lish-seal.html
I am not sure if black billet is made painted or not, but yes, the chalky appearance seems to be what you would expect an oxidized metal to look like. Thank you for your feedback! I will definitely consider this option as well!

This forum is so awesome! Helpful advice at the punch of some keys!