View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 11:48 AM   #1288
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Thanks Em, they just drained lots of fluid off my knee, and immobilized it... We will be heading to the airport in a little while, day room, and should fly out tonight.....

Garcmol, that's what I said right before the wave hit... I had a double handful death grip on a rope we had tied off, and I might as well have dove off for all the good that did me.... Fifteen foot waves laugh at us mere mortals... The bow of the rig was going down with wave action, and this freak wave got us... The next statement after holy shooooooooot, to quote Tag, was holy F%^#... Then my next thought was having company reps go to my house and tell my wife what happened the day after my tenth anniversary...

I've cried in relief, and laughed about parts of it... Trying to relieve the stress of it and how close it was...

R -

Above and beyond everything else I am glad that you are OK. This could have ended in a much worse scenario. That being said I hope you are feeling better. An event like that makes you rethink your priorities. When you have Sea State 6 or better, that is some scary stuff.

Anyway, take it easy and give yourself some "down" time to heal.

-B