View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 06:35 AM   #3
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
Designers do just that-- design a car. A lot of times they're shootin' for looks rather than designing a vehicle around federal safety standards. This is why they have to redo the steering wheel (a little) to include an airbag. They wouldn't touch it if this were 1969.
They're also raising the roofline a bit so you don't break your neck while driving over a speed-bump in the coupe, and to correct the windshield height on the vert. I personally like the "chopped" look and think they ought to lower the seat instead. But, nobody asked me, now did they...

As far as I know, they've moved the filler lid out slightly, widened the side view mirrors more and selected wheels that are an inch smaller in dia. than the concept's. I haven't driven the concept (i wish), but I believe the smaller wheels aren't so much money related, rather to offer an improved ride so it doesn't feel like you're driving a WWII tank. I dought the way the door handles open the car door will make it into the production model either, same with the "aluminum" shifter.

But these items are really just slight mods that people would either end up complaining about or are production cost and/or safety related. So GM is addressing these issues now before the much anticipated release while trying to maintain the original look. Way to go, GM!!!
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote