Thread: 12 SS vs 12 5.0
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #12
302-412

Drives: 2013 Ram Express
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
Cam, 18inch rear wheels and drag radials, trailing arms and driver mod will get you there. It needs to be a decent sized cam like maybe say a Night Fury cam but with the right cam, suspension, driver mod and tires you will beat him. Who ever said you have a chance at your current mod level is dreaming. The 5.0 is just nasty with the right tune. Bolt on car vs bolt on car is just not going to cut it. For 1 thing they have a SRA and ability to run a 15inch DR or slick. The car is also a good amount lighter. When tuned properly its like adding a small cam because of the changes they can make with valve events. Plenty of mid 11's full bolt on 5.0's with no interior weight reduction to back that claim up. Try to beat him without pulling any seats out. If your son wises up and puts a suspension under that thing with some 15inch slicks or drag radials and launches it well cutting a 1.6 60ft he will be in the mid 11's and that will be trouble for you even with a cam. I myself have thought about getting a Coyote Mustang auto and bolting on LT's, stall, gears, suspension, big and little wheels, and a tune. With that combo it would be a easy mid 11's car.
My buddies 13 auto with 3.31's, tune, long tubes, converter and tires has done 11.60's at over 121. Full wt. too.
302-412 is offline   Reply With Quote