View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 07:04 PM   #33
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinlow View Post
I tried this on our Avalanche yesterday. With the key in the ignition and the vehicle running, I was able to lock and unlock the doors with the fob. With the vehicle turned off but key in the ignition, I could lock the doors with the fob but then the drivers door immediately unlocked.
Ok, I just tried this on the Camaro. Mine's a 2010 and I have 3 key FOBs. First I tried all 3 and they all locked and unlocked the doors, but as soon as I inserted any 1 of the 3 into the ignition switch, the other 2 became disabled. I didn't even have to turn the key, just insert it into the switch. With a key in the switch I could lock the doors with the power door lock button, but if I held the drivers door open, it would lock, but immediately unlock. But back to the OP's question, I was able to lock the car up running, by using a second key to manually lock the drivers door. So he can do what he wants to do by carrying a second key, leave the car running, lock the passenger door with the power door locks and then use his spare key to lock the driver's door.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.

Last edited by Rocky1974; 06-24-2013 at 09:01 PM.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote