View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 02:31 PM   #5
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
On the phone now!! Man I hate hold....

EDIT: Just found out that this is gonna require drilling two holes in the car! Don't think I wanna do that....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffny09 View Post
umm im not drilling holes in my car!
Hey everyone, just a little more info on this. This piece was designed to install with rivnuts. Rivnuts are a very common fastener used throughout the OEM GM chassis. This is just another point where they can be used to benefit the chassis strength. We did this for a number of reasons. One is because straddling the strut tower on either side creates a very strong relationship between both the left and right strut towers. The second is that there is really no existing holes to bolt to. The third is because we didn't want to potentially interfere with aftermarket coilovers etc, and bolt through the top near the OEM strut top.

We understand the hesitation to drill holes in your chassis. Not everyone will be comfortable with using a drill to properly install this Strut Tower Brace. But please take into consideration that there are no structural risks you are taking. You are doing quite the opposite. This is a common practice used in OEM manufacturing and motorsport chassis engineering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcwby View Post
I see 2 problems,
It won't work with a Vortech supercharger and you will
have to remove the brace to be able to check the power steering fluid.
EDIT: To check the power steering fluid level you will need to remove the 4 bolts (not the chassis fasteners) from the brace. This process should take less than a minute. I can see how this may be unclear in the pictures.

We have been in talks with supercharger manufactures to get preliminary CAD packaging for us to use to determine if this brace will clear. This is never an easy process. Unfortunately, we can not predict what supercharger systems will be designed/used with the new Camaro and if they will reroute the intake system or not. We can only hope that they accommodate strut tower braces. Until we receive CAD data, or have a car in our shop that has a specific supercharger already installed, we will just have to wait to confirm fitment. Thank you for your patience.

We appreciate all of the feedback! Please keep it coming

Last edited by PfadtRacing; 03-22-2010 at 01:28 PM.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote