Old 07-10-2008, 01:06 AM   #19
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlChev View Post
Not sure what you mean.
Quote:
Now, if we could get you to only sell the top dog Camaros at MSRP like the V6's and SS's......like how I feel they should be sold.
Sorry. I'll clarify. I hate dealers who mark up the price of the car to a "current market adjustment." I said this was for another thread and wasn't going to get into it here, but since you stated you were unclear, I'll quickly and politely as possible, explain. I feel those who adjust GM's MSRP to make an extra buck are price gouging. I know others said it was all fair and bla, bla, bla, but there are people out there who have JUST ENOUGH money to get that top of the line car, but the dealer goes and ups the price putting that hard working persons dollar out of reach of his/her dream car. Take the Ford GT500 for example......$20,000 over MSRP for a "current market adjustment." I call that . Because I know people wanted to get into one, but the dealer took that dream away from them by "adjusting" someone else's price. I said all of this in another thread and didn't want to get back into that discussion here. So, ...that's what it was about...what the quote was from above. It had nothing to do with you personally...just from a past thread.
Quote:
We are planning on selling all V6's and baseline V8's at MSRP with no "market adjustment" added in. If there is a limited production on Z28's, then we will more than likely ask for $5k over.
If the Camaro I want is at MSRP, then I'd consider your dealer. If it's 5K over, I won't bother.
Quote:
I sold a limited edition 427 Z06 for below sticker the other day,
and if I were the buyer, I'd be a repeat customer of your dealer! Just like my dealer where I've purchased 4 new vehicles.
Quote:
so it's not like we are trying to rip everyones heads off here.
Nope...just the ones who can barely afford it anyway....(not you...your dealer)
Quote:
I would imagine that after the release, we will take offers of around $500 over invoice on V6's and $1k on the V8's.
And you know my answer to this one. Anything OVER MSRP =
If you mean over "invoice," what the dealer pays for the vehicle, then cool deal!