View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #9
2SS BUMBLBE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS/L99
First Mod - April 2010

The first day I went to the dealer to check out the Camaros in person, they had just off loaded three SLPs from the carrier. I loved the hood, the heritage stripe and SS emblems, and the wheels. So I ordered the stripe and the SS emblems and the dealership said they would install those for free on delivery. They did not do a great job and tore the vinyl stripe, but were gracious about it and ordered an new set. The second attempt went on fine and off I drove. A couple of days later, I noticed that the center vinyl stripe had a few “chips” missing on the top edge. I contacted SLP and asked about warranty (7 years!). They were great, said take some pics and e-mail them and we will replace the stripe set. The replacement set came to the house and I decided no one cares for my car like I do, so I figured I could install them on my own. I was apprehensive since this was a project I have not attempted before. But it was pretty simple! I think I did a great job and have had no issues with the stripe…third time was the charm.

Even though the first two attempts were rough, I am pleased with the customer care at both my dealership (James Corlew) and SLP. They both owned up to the problems and did their part to make the customer happy.
Attached Images

2SS BUMBLBE is offline   Reply With Quote