View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #11
Meister@Torq

Drives: 2001 Crown Vic
Send a message via AIM to Meister@Torq Send a message via MSN to Meister@Torq
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1camaro70 View Post
I will retest on same dyno once the Vararam is installed and the computer resets itself (100miles) temps outside will be different, humidity will be different, even though I gained 22 HP and 42 torque with tune, the seat of the pants dyno felt MORE change after the fuse pull, so if stock L99 is 325/325 on high octane table and mine was 305/300 on low octane table and at 327/342 after tune I noticed a HUGE difference in power gain, you must take my word on it, no one can run to the dyno after every change, I am just trying to be informative, On my local dyno I saw 22HP and 42 torque on the low octane table, and was about to SELL it because it still felt SLOW, but do the fuse pull and It's a keeper, would not sell now.
If you read all the threads on dyno tests you know that each dyno seams to read differently, so if Meister does another modification on same car and same dyno, we get a good reading of the effect of the modification, MY POINT was IN MY CASE the fuse pull made a WORLD of difference, and Meister should check that car, do the pull and re-dyno, just to confirm if it needed to get on high octane table, then we all know that his dyno just reads low compared to averages of L99's on this site that are 325/325 verses his dyno at 300/300.
And I LIKE lifetime offer for tune updates.
We already know our dyno reads low. Our shop care made 470 on our machine and 497 on a dynojet. I have been using a Mustang Dyno for 7 years so this is not something new to me.

The fuse pull simply clears the keep alive memory. The car has run premium fuel its entire life and we did a before/after from how the car rolled into the shop. If it has run like this its whole life and brought into the shop then this is real world testing of actual gain. Are you going to go driving the car on the street in stock trim and start pulling fuses?
Meister@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote