View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 03:57 AM   #9
Jamestwilliams

Drives: Grand Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KZ28_For_Now View Post
well, launch control is also a great training aid for those trying to dial-in their 1/4 times. Once you hit time within 3/10ths to 5/10ths of each other, time to disengage the LC and try manual launches.

FUN!!!!

As far as NLS, I think anyone can bang the next gear without hitting the clutch if they sense the timing perfectly. The revs have to be just right. I've done it before, in a worn out 4-banger, and a 2-stroke motocross bike.

If there's a computer nannie that helps with this, that's cool. but apparently it wont be available on the Maro.

Sooooo. it will put me back to square one. Learn the manual with a car that has enough torque and HP to be forgiving of rookie mistakes.

I, for one, will be concentrating solely on rev-matching downshifts, and no-clutch upshifts. (road track driving style, not 1/4 mile).

I guess I picked one heck of a car to learn with.

Hopefully I wont chew any gear teeth in the process... or grenade any tranny's - or pop any rear diffs........
I've done clutchless shifting all the way up through the gears but I have never been able to go down with out the clutch, though I can heel toe and rev match (very effective for stopping in unfavourable conditions ie snow.)My old man could go up and down through all the gears without using the clutch, although when the trany had to be pulled from that car the gears were blue.
Jamestwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote