View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 09:04 PM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
I want to see the new Camaro be E85 capable.

Actually I'd like to know what it cost to make this gas because it's more combustable than regualar unleaded. I want to know what's taking so long to make it available. Then I also here that corn costs a lot too. What gives?

Any one got some articles or expert knowledge on this stuff?
As I understand it, the cost of production is around $1/gal. On top of that there are taxes and profits. In the end, it costs a bit more to fuel up on E85 because of reduced economy. The reason it is taking so long is because gas stations need to do large overhauls to handle the more corrosive fuel. That and there isn't much availible, for two reasons 1) most gets used in E10, and 2) not enough stations to sell E85, so why produce it! It is more popular in the midwest where the corn is grown.

And scotsman, I figured you knew what you were talking about but there may have been others who read your post and get confused. I agree 100% though, corn ethanol bad, cellulose ethanol good.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote