View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 05:36 PM   #112
CamaroBC

Drives: Cyber Grey 2LT RS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@PeddersUSA.com View Post
My opinions here

You have a bent left front strut more than likely
Alignment will not make the noise better, it's likely the strut that is making the noise, unless the mount has been damaged.
The alignment is not good at all.
Is your car lowered? Any Suspension Upgrades?

You caster is fine for an stock alignment, and the offset is close so you are good there too.
The Camber wasn't adjusted, likely due to either laziness, or lack of knowledge, i'll hope for the later.

In order to adjust the rear camber/Toe you need to adjust both of them at the same time to get them in, or it will take forever to get it close, it looks like the tech didn't know how to do this and just made sure the toe was made better.

I'd ask the dealer for your money back, or for someone more experienced to work on your car. But keep in mind, you very likely have a bent strut.

You don't need to have your car put on a frame machine, you just need to have it worked on by someone that a, has a clue what he's doing, and b, cares a little.

i may sound a bit harsh, i'm sorry for that, but it's things like this that shouldn't happen.
If one of my techs had done that he would not have been paid for the alignment and i would have given it to someone else to do over again and paid them for it.

No not harsh at all. Thank you. This is what I thought.

1-I have not had anything lowered. I bought it preowned at 9000, if it was lowered I am not aware of it, nor do I know how to go about figuring if it was. Any advice?

2-Which raises the question if the camber on the front wheel wasnt done due to lack of knowledge, how liable does that make them as a GM service center to tell me everything is ok and send me home like that? Also lets say they are aware it may be a bent left strut, would that make them UNABLE to adjust the front camber? Im guessing no. As you have stated it would not alleviate the dead thud noise...but my issue was twofold as I also am experiencing steering pull. And I think would be reason enough to do a complete proper alignment.

3-So I want to get this veeeryyy clear, it does not need to be put on the car frame, to be able to be diagnose something like a bent strut? Is that correct? Because when I go back there I dont even want entertain the thought of them trying to claim that it needs to be done, and try to charge me or hold my car for that.

4-A bent strut is going to require a replacement right?

5-Based on the before and after Specs, how should I proceed when I go back and force a proper alignment from them? Do the before specs indicate that the previous owner might have readjusted them to street or aggressive street settings or do they seem they were closer to OEM settings prior to the pothole hit?

Because what im thinking is forcing them to finish the job, and do the exact specs I desire, at no extra charge then go to someone else to get the inner work done, whether it be bent strut mount damage.
CamaroBC is offline   Reply With Quote