View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #8
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Drives: '12 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
They won't guarantee anything. October is the end of the first allocation so that's why they said that. If you're #1 at your dealer, you should get that camaro MUCH sooner than October. Potentially as early as April.
Unfortunately, the dealer I ordered from is a very small dealer, but it is a family friend who owns the dealer! Small dealers that don't sell alot of cars get called by GM and told when they can give an allocation order in and for what kind of model/trim level. By the looks of it he won't get the go ahead for an SS for months, and than it will take 1-2 months to build and ship most likely is what I'm told, like a Vette! I had a choice to go to a bigger dealer that my Dad uses that does alot more business and get the SS for $500 over invoice, or go to the dealership I've boguht all my Vettes from and get the car at Invoice! Not realizing that GM would not anticipate that the market for the SS would kill the V6 due to enthusiasts demand, I went to my delaer who I'v been loyal to. It isn't his fault he's a small dealer in a small town. But, in hindsight I wish I would've gone to the larger dealer! Plus, the whole Vette thing and now this up in the air crap with the Camaro has put a bad taste in my mouth GM! Not to happy! I guess alot of people think like me which is why GM is on the verge of bankruptcy!