View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #24
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
i really never seen the value in going down a supercharger route. after everything is installed and tune. and lets be honest who the hell just puts a s/c in there car?. people do other mods as well. exhaust, maybe a PSI gauge, rims and tires maybe. other supporting mods to help longevity. maybe suspension mods etc..all of that with for the most part loss of a warranty.

I feel like if you were to take that money, put it into a Zl1 the payments really wouldn't be much more, or even more at all. you will be getting a better suspension, s/c engine, better rims/tires and a warranty.
The value is in the desire of the individual that makes the money and spends it the way they desire, for the end result they desire...We had some clown on here under multiple acct's that was trying to tell me that if I could truly afford my car and what I've spent on it, I would have a Ferrarri or Lambo... but here's the truth... I like the Camaro, always have, always will... It's my car, my money, my desires and no one else s...European rattle box's don't do anything for me... They are for white collar guys that hold their pinkies out and wear silly looking hats and gloves while driving... I'm way to working class for that...

And as for the comment about the ZL1, feel free to go and get one... and I'll run you in the arena my car is designed for... Hennessey proved they can go 203... but it took 1.7 miles to accomplish that... I've been faster and did it in about 3/4's of a mile... blew a head gasket and still coasted through the finish line of the mile at 197...

I've sat in a few ZL1's, and they are amazing cars, no doubt... fast in a multitude of arenas... solid... etc.... I would love to have one for a daily driver and may some day... so I can leave my lowly SS for weekend runs...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote