View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #37
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavis View Post
Thanks man, Its just the meth pump your seeing. The tank forms around the pump. Coolingmist makes the kit Im running. You always want your pump to be lower then your tank so the fuel feeds with gravity instead of against it. This is coolingmists solution to that, saves space at the same time.
Yes. I went to the website after I saw your setup, and they have some new tank as part of this system. That's a good idea what they did.
Are you concerned about the meth dependancy with the roots style SC? How often do you have to refill your meth tank? And, are you using the powder mix, or winter washer fluid from WalMart?
I'm curious about the process because I'm looking at my options for SC's and I'm down to the Maggie roots style and the ProCharger centri style.
I like the idea of the low down TQ for such a heavy vehicle, but I also like the higher HP's produced by the centri in the higher RPM ranges (I think this has to do with better cooling of the air), but the roots style seems to create issues with knock sensors due to the heat produces and the way to combat that is to use meth. The dependancy on meth has me concerned, because what happens if your on a long distance trip with the vehicle and you run out of meth? What then? Your engine is getting abused.