View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 07:12 AM   #27
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Take it from my personal experience Vengeance will do you right.......Your car will make anywhere from 364 to about 376 to the wheels......that is pretty standard on these cars.

The car was tuned by GM for performance, longevity, fuel economy etc........I am sure you could tinker with it some but the cost of a tune alone versus the warranty factor is not worth it.....If you start modding the motor with cams, S/C'rs etc...then you will need a tune for sure.

Some CAI's need a tune to run optimally because of the increased air flow....just remember that the more air you put in the more room you need to get rid of it...so an exhaust would be in order.

Tests have been done that say they increase maybe 8 to 10 hrspwr but in all honesty you can not feel 8 or 10 hrspwr.

Since your car is a daily driver , if it were me I would wait to do any mods like this, especially since you are a " Broke College Student"

If you are gonna do any mods...check here....People are always swapping from drop springs to coilovers, changing CAI's, changing exhaust and you could really save some money.....If you are planning on keeping it stock you can always pick up CHEAP factory parts on here.

I like the idea that the mods you have done are mainly cosmetic, they can always be removed if need be...well most of them......
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote