View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #55
Cabinetman

Drives: 2015 ZL1
I know that dealers have the right to charge over MSRP. I just refuse to pay it. I like having the latest and greatest when I can afford it, but I won't pay a premium just to be the first on the block with it.

When I decided to buy a 2012 Boss 302 I went to a local dealer that had exactly what I wanted. They were asking $5k over sticker. I told them I was a buyer then and there at MSRP. The best they would do was $2500 over. I went home and found another Boss exactly like I wanted at a dealership an hour away that was willing to sell for the MSRP. They did all the paperwork over the phone and delivered it to my house the next day. The dealer also tinted the windows for free. Since then I have bought two more Ford trucks for my business and I never even considered going to that local dealer that wouldn't sell the Boss at sticker. They will never get any of my business again.

I'm currently on the list for a 2013 ZL1 at a dealer that has been charging MSRP for the 2012s. Hopefully, the base price won't go up too much for the 2013, but even if it is a little more I still feel better about waiting and not paying an ADM.
Cabinetman is offline   Reply With Quote