View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 07:28 PM   #3
SS Mike

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS CGM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hb35man View Post
Wow! I don't want to make light of your predicament but.............your car doesn't leave in the middle of the night by itself and come back the next day does it?
When you find the problem let everybody...including GM...know. With the technology available today an electrical malfunction of that magnitude is
inexcusable.Good luck
Haha, no problem, right now I'm trying not to worry so that helps!!

Agreed, but it's not AS bad as it sounds. The CAN-bus basically receives inputs from every major system in the car and relays those messages to the ECU when needed. So when one system fails, they can all fail. I don't mean if one module goes bad all the rest will, but at least with the lights if there was one short, or communication error to the CAN, then that could make all the others incapable of communicating which makes the lights come on. I just don't know where to begin when diagnosing this, and apparently neither does the dealer, yet.

I will let everyone know what it was though, if and when we figure it out.

Vortech V-3 Kit, ARH LT's, Custom Exhaust, Aeromotive A1000 Fuel System, Custom Tune - 582 rwhp 533 rwtq
22" Modulare H2 Wheels, CF Hood, Trunk, Spoiler & Roof by Carbon by Design, Custom Steering Wheel from P-Factor
Brembo GT BBK, Alpine INA-900, Alpine Type-R Speakers, Hurst Shifter, APR Splitter, Custom Quad Tip Diffuser
CKS C1 Coilovers, Falken 452 Tires, 265/35/22 & 285/35/22, Custom Grille, AAC Halos, and much more to come!!
SS Mike is offline   Reply With Quote