View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 09:35 PM   #126
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
It didn't seem like I got a lot done tonight...but I worked a long time. My youngest son, Alex (11), was out there with me most of the time. He had a lot of questions!

I installed the other header (no pics yet). They were a little tight going in, but once in, they fit very well.

I disassembled the supercharger per the instructions. I had a difficult time installing the MAP sensor on the back of the supercharger. It was a tight fit, and the o-ring was rather large. I ended up using a chamfer bit in my drill to give it an easier way in.

I installed the intake onto the engine. I then inserted the new injectors into the intake. That took a really long time also. The o-rings on each one were also really difficult to get in. By the 8th one, I got it figured out. That always seems to be how it works.

I got the new heater hoses installed, and got the oil in the supercharger.

I still need to torque down the intake. I ordered a 1/4" torque wrench tonight...so it won't be here until Friday.

I did manage to break one of my ball-end hex sockets. I'll have to go get it replaced tomorrow.

Here are a few pics of the intercooler (mostly installed). Also you can see my new air scoop for the intake box.
Attached Images