View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #25
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rknezz View Post
Well, they are quite nice to me, but yeah - a little disappointed here. What happens to warranties and all that stuff if I go to a different dealer? Do they just look up my record, take over any warranty claim if i ever have one, etc? This is my first car - I kind of thought that i can only deal warranty with the dealer I bought it from? I never had to fill in a camaro warranty card afterall.
You have to do "warranty repairs" with the dealer (things that break while under warranty), but you can have your regularly scheduled maintenance (tire rotation, engine oil changes, coolant flush, etc.) performed anywhere you want. You can even do the maintenance yourself, if you are so inclined. In either case, just keep good records (date, mileage, work performed, parts used), and keep your receipts. Be sure everything is done to spec, such as the correct engine oil as specified in your owner's manual, etc. It's pretty simple really. You can save yourself a lot of money, too.

I wouldn't go back to this dealer. They are supposed to know all about Camaros, including the fact that you can not rotate the wheel-tire assemblies front to rear when they are of different sizes.

Michael
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote