View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #92

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
You're probably right about electrical power locks weighing less than manual. Im sure its not a significant ratio in weight reduction one way or the other. I believe there has to be a way to clean and strip that engine bay to bare essentials. Maybe not a good way to convert a V6 to V8 but, I may even buy a 2010 SS later on and figure how much of that engine bay I can delete and have it work properly. If you look at a corvette, its basically all engine inside the engine bay compared to the camaro. Some of those electronics I think can be dissassembled and perhaps doen away with and function properly but Id have to disassemble it to actually see and my car was not bought for that purpose lol.
I took a quick look recently at the chevyperformance web-site regarding the "body-in-white" cars...They're not the COPOS, but are bare bones and have several different wiring harnesses for what you may or may not build into the car...dunno, for sure but it was something like that...Might be helpful to see what these cars can and cannot live without...lol...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote