View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 11:15 PM   #1
got2gozoom

Drives: 2013 1LS-6sp-VictoryRed
Which 1LE/ZL1 takeoffs for 2013-v6-6sp

Greetings
I've been trying to absorb a lot of information on 5th gen suspensions.
For 3rd and 4th gens we could get good improvements from IROC or SS sway bars or 1LE LCA high durometer bushings.

My 2013 V6 has MN6 and GW6 and G80 and FE2 stock 18" wheels tires.

Could a pro or knowledgable 5th genner tell me the orde to upgrade my suspension for the first $600 spent. I'd love to leverage 1LE/ZL1/SS takeoffs

The pro's will ask my driving style. I like to corner HARD, always have. I have had C4 vettes and hated the way they transitioned from turning hard to full sideways slides without a warning. I like great balance. I find pushing a front end round a curve convenient, and don't want to get too tail happy given the car is a daily driver and we have lots of rain. I like very little body flex/twist. Handling on rails will keep me happy and safe. In the past, I have preferred a Herb Adams comfortable springs - big sway bar setup over a heavy springs setup.

Kid stuff of lurid burnouts and doughnuts is mostly removed from system in the last 40 years of driving BUT I am a dyed to the core stick shift driver and appreciate a setup thats tight enough that a well done quick shift to 2nd or 3rd is rewarded with a quick squat and squirk of the tires.

Things I think I have read...
High performance v8 LCA's are far better than the V6 ones and should help.
A 28mm rear take off sway and a 25 or 27mm front MAY be a good balance.

I am confused about whether my 2013 V6 has the more outbound rear sway bar mounts or could leverage those with a bracket.

How difficult is it to replace the subframe connector bushings (I think thats what they are called) Peders sells these and recommends them as step 1, and why is this a better first step than a BMR subframe connector.

Last question- WHEW! Is anyone making 5th gen chassis parts out of aluminum so we could for example drop weight and add strength at the same time over typical factory stamped steel pieces??
got2gozoom is offline   Reply With Quote