View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 10:18 PM   #39
06x6spdGTO

Drives: 06 S/C GTO, 01 H/C/I Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
With mailorder, you would get them in touch with Kooks. We can't just like call Kooks and be like "send this guy a new set of headers". They have a warranty registration card, and a process the customer goes through. Sometimes they want them back for repair also. Every manufacturer is different, but generally the process is you get the customer in touch with the manufactuer warranty department and facilitate as needed.

You have to keep in mind, this is a very competitive business, and while the parts we sell are expensive..all the vendors here keeps margin down. Most orders you do not make enough to just throw a few hundred for some labor at a customer when there is a warranty issue.
EXACTLY!!!

So Kooks wouldn't send me an EGR port for me to TIG Weld onto my own primary... They would A: (Send me a New header) or B: (Get my header sent in for Repair)

All the while you would pass the issue onto the manufacture as you are the DEALER or Middle man/Parts store.

So what your intentions are in this thread comparing your modded engine that went out of GM warranty when you modded your personal car vs a MAGNUSON defective valley cover, is beyond me.

I understand you deal the products so your going to take a manufactures side to "Save Face"..

Your agreeing with the treatment of this individual case is less then pleasing!

Is this really what America is like now day??
"The warranty statement protects the consumer and the manufacturer...." BS!! It lets the manufacturer get cheesey employees and cheap Chinese products and have the option to tell the customer to pound sand, all the while racking in a healthy profit.

Problem today is cowards can't own up to mistakes and handle them like they are in a customers shoes. Instead everyone is looking to make a quick buck off someone else's misfortune or hard work.

But I guess ObamaCare is in effect and our country is headed down the drain so let's back bite each other and jump on the middle man over the last piece of whale shit pie!
06 GTO - Maggie 112H (Stock Pullies), LPE CAI, SLP LMII Catback, suspension and Drivetrain STuff, Monster Stg 3 clutch, ETMC Stg II Cam, 60lb inj, IW 8" Lower, PRC .650 Springs, Trickflow Pushrods, Kooks 1 7/8 LTs, AIS WasherFluid inj, 530whp/537wtq SAE. Self Tuned via HPTpro
01 Z06 - Forged 347ci LS6 - H/C/I 460RWHP / 418 RWTQ (Self TUNED via HPTpro)

Last edited by 06x6spdGTO; 10-31-2013 at 08:00 AM.
06x6spdGTO is offline   Reply With Quote