View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 05:41 AM   #686
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I'm not sure if Randy has ever explained the whole deal with this car... but, I'd like to give you guys some insight.

This is one of those age old... My favorite car when I was young was a camaro stories... Randy and Bonnie were hunting around for a couple new cars... Bottom line they hadn't decided.... Randy was gonna get a nicer high end BMW or Mercedes... but couldn't make up his mind... Then he saw the camaro... " I believe his exact quote to Bonnie was something like, "you get whatever you want. When they build it, I'm getting a camaro."

Randy was one of the early R6P orders and had to deal with that whole, "they'll never build it, they're going bankrupt" crap from his friends and family. Finally he gets his car and it's slow... Then he fights with the dealer, who is clueless. and is on the border of giving it back... The car he waited years for, and was chosen because it reminded him of his first 2nd gen Camaro... I remember well the first time I spoke with Randy. We were trying to help him get in touch with some GM folks and I was trying to keep him from going nuclear about his car... I will say this. from the minute I heard him speak. I knew I liked him. He is genuinely one of the most honest and friendly people I've ever met.

Fast forward, Randy gets the mod bug, The fuse pull gets the recognition it deserves, He and I become good friends, and then he gets his wheels.... Wow. What an ordeal that was... broken finger... sending the wheels back and forth....

This may be something Randy doesn't want me to tell you all but, We actually called Tom Henry to see if they could trade in PQ's camaro cus he was so disappointed in the whole experience....

Luckily the wheels are sorted out now. and Randy has the sound he's always wanted from his car by way of Borla... And is now squarely focused on saving his pennies for a whipple...

I knew the minute he drove my car when we picked it up at THR that he was done... Sorry Bonnie

Anyway, If I had a say, I would have made PQ's Car the COTW long ago... But that is up to Tran, and I think this is the smallest show of gratitude we can give Randy and Bonnie for being such valuable members in so many ways.

There are a few camaros out there that may be better overall than Randy's... But I can say without question. Randy loves his Camaro...

Congrats brother!

Hopefully, we can continue this car journey for many years to come.

And just think the weekend I kicked his butt and made him do the fuse pull, He was planning to file lemon law suit until the fuse pull the next week.

He should listen to me more.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote