View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 06:52 PM   #1
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Smile College [Kind of] Pays Off

I will be leaving my current employment at the hotel for a job that will pay almost double. My previous experience in sales and customer service through school has encouraged this firm to pay me above their entry level salary.

I will be connecting unemployed job candidates with schools that train them for the careers they simply cannot get without a proper education. This, like any job, may not last forever, but it serves the purpose of paying for my financial safety net, my Camaro down payment, and lots of presents for my girlfriend—"I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger!"

This means that I may be able to order my stripped 1SS in 2010 instead of 2012. Obviously, things like this can change quickly based on the market. :(

The main message I want to say, however, is that college is a necessary evil. It is the only place that unwilling customers pay to be judged by those who claim to have superior intellect or expertise; judged by those who, in most cases, educate others in a field to which they will barely contribute. Nevertheless, college forces students to work, and that fundamental balance of work ethic and knowledge is essential to all worthwhile business-oriented career paths. College is not necessary, but it helps. I encourage all of those users who have yet to go to college to consider it, even if they are already engaged in careers that they enjoy.

More employers will read your applications. You will get more interviews. You will be more likely to get hired. You will get paid better. You will be more likely to get promoted. What isn't to like?

My grandfather didn't go to college, and he made a name for himself. He is a great man. To this day, I remember him telling me that college isn't for everyone, but everyone should try it out. I pass the same message to everyone on these boards.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote