View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 10:25 PM   #23
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireresq157 View Post
Nice video, you guys are nuts doing those tailboard challenges, I'm sure its fun . Check out my profile I just added an album of the trucks in my station. Its just over 2 years old now everything is state of the art. We also run all the medical calls and most of us are also Paramedics. This is One of 4 stations we have about 150 employees. I guess the station is this nice to make up for 8 years running calls out of a trailer.

As per firehouse magazine it's the second largest in the country.

I've had countless calls I'll never forget here's one that was national news it's one of the more recent just after the station opened.

Our web pape

http://www.deerfieldbeachfirerescue.org/?page=home
Wow cool I've seen that station in Firehouse, I remember it. Our Truck company was in there too, I think theres a pic at our website : www.merrickfd.org

We run only 2 engines and water rescue team from my firehouse, no ambulances, they are at another station, however some of my friends are EMTs so I became an ambulance driver as well so that if we are hanging out I can run the bus to calls for them.

We are quite a bit smaller, and volunteer, we have 50 active members in my firehouse, and about 20 each in the other two in my town.

Drill team racing is absolutely insane, we stopped a few years ago but recently the team has started up again. I don't do that anymore, I fell off the truck at about 40 mph and ended up in the ER with roadrash down my left side and a twisted wrist (I thought broken!) and decided that sport wasn't for me.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote