Thread: Batmobile
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 06:03 PM   #8
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
My sub install. Steve @ ******** figured out what I needed like a BA harness with a LOC for the MB Quart amp I had.

My wiring is a bit messy. I did not cut anything and just rolled up the leftovers. There is so much room around the battery.

The 10 inch hits just fine for me. And sounds great even with the seat up. The sub is upside down. Oops.

Also in that last pic is the PAC Bass knob I bought. I ran the RCA jacked wires coming out of the LOC through the bass controller and then back to the amp.

I made good use of my NaV bracket for the sub mound.

There is a bass controller for that Discus Amp, but it is super expensive although it supports all of the Amp controls.

Some songs need bass reduction and other need more bass. I wonder if this is due to the sampling rate of my MP3 collection?

I added no additional sound insulation. The install is rattle free although I can make the rear view mirror fuzzy.

Nice fit with the ******** panels and the custom connector is a real time saver. The trunk install is a snap.

Now if I can just come to terms with adding 30 lbs to the car.

Edit: Steve @ ******** has a new plug coming to replace the stock BA Amp with no wire cutting. Can't wait. I already have a nice Discus 4ch Amp but it is too big for the stock location. I will have to get creative. How about the underside of the trunk lid?

Last edited by Fraxum; 02-13-2015 at 05:47 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote