View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 09:57 AM   #23
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrvingLudwig View Post
So I have been looking around to get a Cold Air Inductions (CAI) air intake for my 2012 V6 Camaro. I have found some good deals on here for some used intakes that a couple of fellow forum members are trying to sell. Unfortunately it says that those particular models are for the 2010-2011 V6 Camaro and not the 2012. If you go to the company's website you can see that they have an intake for the 10/11 and a different intake for the 2012 V6 but when you compare them next to each other, they have the same exact specs! and even the picture is the exact same picture.

So my questions is.... Do you guys/gals think that they are just doing this so us 2012 V6 owners have to spend the extra cash of a brand new intake (which will be the exact same as previous model)?

Because I am sure they are aware that many ppl are selling their intakes and since there are probably not many if any people with a 2012 CAI intake that want to sell theirs, then they just want to stop us from saving some money by buying it used from someone else.

Either way I will probably buy a CAI intake in the future either new or used but I wanted to see what you guys think of this. Here are the specs that I got from their website. www.coldairinductions.com

Part # 501-1036-10 (2010-2011 Camaro V6 Intake)
• 16 rwhp (NO Tune required!!)

Intake System Includes:
• Aluminum Insulated Air Box
• Air Box lid
• 3.5" (89 mm) Black Ceramic Coated Intake Tube
• High Performance Air Filter (CF-8350)
• Black Silicone Elbow / Stainless Clamps
• Installation instructions

Part # 501-1036-12 (2012 Camaro V6 Intake)
• 16 rwhp (NO Tune required!!)

Intake System Includes:
• Aluminum Insulated Air Box
• Air Box lid
• 3.5" (89 mm) Black Ceramic Coated Intake Tube
• High Performance Air Filter (CF-8350)
• Black Silicone Elbow / Stainless Clamps
• Installation instructions

Short Description
Maximize your Camaro's performance with our high performance air intake system. Our intakes surpass our competitors with superior quality and craftsmanship while achieving outstanding performance gains. We see on average, a 16 rwhp increase on otherwise stock 3.6l's.

This is a direct replacement for the OEM air box. No modifications required: Retains the OEM washer bottle in the stock location
Maximize your Camaro's performance with our high performance air intake system. Our intakes surpass our competitors with superior quality and craftsmanship while achieving outstanding performance gains. We see on average, a 16 rwhp increase on otherwise stock 3.6l's.

SKU 501-1036-10; 501-1036-12
The housing for the MAF is different, all the specs are listed as the same because they are the same. The only thing that is different is that the Housing that the MAF screws into is a different shape, I think they actually changed it so that its the same housing bung that is used for the V8. It is different, and I believe we are still the only manufacturer who has addressed the issue and produced one specific for the 2012 V6, which is probably why we have been selling them like crazy! Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrvingLudwig View Post
One Last Question... Is this an Oil filter or a Dry Filter? I couldn't seem to find the answer on the website. Thanks in Advance!
Watch this video:

http://www.coldairinductions.com/air...ers-in-action/
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote