Thread: LS3 vs L99?
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 02:10 PM   #31
Rahn
Tinman

Drives: 07 Sky - 10 Camaro SS2
Ok, after reading all this info on the two I am still divided on what to purchase.

First the manual has more horsey's for bragging points but a slower 0-60, but quicker 1/4 mile. Granted I will most likely not be pushing this car over 100 very often, live too close to the state patrol.

Manual will save about a grand

Manual has less weight and fewer parts to break, and is just plain fun to drive, but I'm not keeping this car forever, probably a couple of years or till I get board with it and find something newer & shinier...

Where as....

The Auto cost more, probably prone to failures due to complexity

The Auto is really the daily commuter which this will be for me...though this car is hardly a commuter

The Auto does have Tap shifts so that could alleviate some of the manual shifting needs I would have.

The Auto has remote start...Pointless gimmick IMO that I could easily do without.

Autos generally have better resale as a majority of women prefer not to shift. (Insert your own Freud reference here.)

I originally wanted a Manual 'cause... it's a manual... and this is a car to race...but then I teetered to the Auto as I wont be racing often and I can let my female friends drive it and I'm sill under the impression Autos are better in the winter, though my best friend disagrees. He wants me to get a manual but he's biased. One female friend suggests the Auto, the other the manual, and the third says it's up to me. I love her Sigh...

Anyway....not that any of you care what I get after all this blatherskite. I still would appreciate any more incite on these two engines.

That and I just needed to vent on what is seemingly a simple decision. Now if I would just grow some balls and choose.

The only mods I plan on are the CAI and probably an X-pipe with obnoxious loudmouth exhaust...oh and maybe a tuning re-flash if necessary.

Last edited by Rahn; 03-22-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote