View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #21
cincidlr

Drives: SS1LE
Picked our 1LE about 3.5 weeks ago in Cleveland and drove to Cinci in wetish 35 degree temps. Tires are like stones in the cold and was extremely cautious and even then it was very easy to spin them and have the it step up on me. Since then we have had a few 80 degree days and the tires were great. It appears that the car is definitely set up as a warm/hot weather driver. So if you are wanting to see the maximum perfornance (i.e. speed/handling/braking) you will need to wait until the temps at least in the 60's. If I planned on driving in the Winter, which I am not, i would go with a 19 x 40 or even 45 Blizzack or comparable tire. Bottom line is if you need drivability on a daily basis regardless of the weather, the F-1s probably arent the best tire for you. However, if you plan to go to the track several times a year and can limit your driving to warmer days I think the F-1s are the way to go...so far. Personally all season tires would be too much of a compromise. Keep in mind i am speaking from the experience with a car with less than 1K mi.
cincidlr is offline   Reply With Quote