View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #143
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSS View Post
I love Camaros, but I am not in love with one model designation. I had a the above mentioned 84 (the only auto trans of the bunch), followed by a 92 RS (305TBI and a 5 speed) that was a nice car, but not a great performance car. Then a 1996 Z28 that I loved and put more miles on than any other Camaro (not a "track ready" car, but still fun), a 99 SS that was probably my overall favorite and my 2010 SS that I recently sold, the best overall car, but did not have the raw edge of my modified 99 SS. I have autocrossed, drag-raced, or track-dayed all but the first one, so the total performance of the car means a lot to me. I am looking forward to the 1LE and plan to do what it takes to make it around 500 hp, but would certainly consider a future Z28 if the price point and performance works out. I would love to own a first gen Z/28 someday, but it would be a collector piece, not a daily driver or track car, so for now I would rather spend my money on the closest modern day equivalent.
That is done very easily with the LS3, for under $5k you could be running 470-480 to the ground. Along with the 3:91 gear that would be a lot of fun to drive.