View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #10
Phat Ralph

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
I think I would use preload and ride height to set your corner weights. find a good shop that can corner weight your car properly and align it.
Thank you!

Camaro has been corner weighted and is pretty nuetral. But had about 5mm negative rake in the car at that time. I just changed the ride hieght a little to help with rear axle heat. So now I am 5mm positive rake. So this will add a little more weight on the nose. Adjusting spring weight in a static position say 45% front and 55% rear weight. In dynamic position the weight transfer under hard braking may be 55%F & 45%R. Thus exiting the corner the transfer may be 40%F & 60%R for the rear to hook up. Also running 140 mph down the straight and the spoiler being able to plant the rear for stability. Is a softer spring setup in the rear the way to go and heavier spring in the front for corner entry.

Just some thoughts! Love going to the track and adjusting and figuring what works best for me.....and helps turn faster lap times
2011 Camaro RS/SS Synergy - (Pedders Xa's Coilovers, ZL1 Sways, SS Brake Lines & Bushings), Hotchkis Chassis Brace & Strut Bar, DSS 1000hp Road Race Axles, Nitto NT-01's, TSW Wheels, ADM CAI, Borla ATAK, HAWK, Granatelli Rotors, Barton Shifter, Tick Performance Clutch Line, MRS Exhaust Tips, Elite Catch Can.
Phat Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote