View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 02:28 PM   #136
Coop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
It is on GM to prove the modification broke "the part". I do not know what the problem was so I cannot say anymore about it. Just for example if I put a CAI on the car and the electric windows do not work GM has to prove the CAI caused the fault and it must be proven. Just saying we will not cover it under warranty is BS and does follow the letter of the law. Luckily I have had only one problem and it was fixed under warranty but I cannot stand by and watch folks getting a load of BS handed to them. Just my opinion here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Sorry that I couldn't do anything to help. For the benefit of this thread and those who may read it I feel it is relevant to make this point. You modified your vehicle from its original design by having installed an aftermarket part (and a significant modification at that). I am not saying that your issue was due to that modification or not. But in making that modification you basically opened yourself up to the exposure that you are now experiencing. The GM warranty is clear when it comes to alterations to the vehicle. So, for the benefit of others on this site, I would HIGHLY recommend that you read your warranty information carefully before making modifications to your car. It is probably worth checking with your dealer as well to ensure they won't have any issue should your car require warranty work. If you don't, then you definitely run the risk of putting yourself in a situation where GM says it is your responsibility.
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote