View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #36
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gr3dmachin3 View Post
It definitely adds a whole new look to the car, looks way better IMO. The tint I did is not legal, but cops in Vegas are usually pretty lenient because of how hot and sunny it gets here. You can see just fine out of it, it's a little dark at night but not a big deal. Especially with how awesome it makes the car look!

By the way, you sure Minnesota allows 10%? The lower the percentage, the darker the tint is. The law here is no less than 35%.

Not sure exactly how the tint rate works. The way I think of it is if you put a 35% tint to your window you have made it 35% darker in which 100% tint would be blacked out. Usually the factory adds a UV protection into the glass and I think that is referred to as a 10% tint which pretty much all states allow. Maybe someone can enlighten me on exactly how the tint percentage really works if I am wrong.

I know we can't have dark tint here in MN. I work with a guy who moved from California and I seen his name in the paper for illegal tint on windows and was fined something like $140.

As said it looks great.

Dean.

Edit: Just found some info. Minnesota allows 50% and 20% reflectivity. Also found out it does refer to how much light is transferred. I guess I learned something.

Last edited by skibik; 01-19-2013 at 01:02 PM. Reason: New information
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote