Thread: Maggie Arrived
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 11:42 AM   #11
vsgls1

Drives: 07 GMC Sierra
Send a message via AIM to vsgls1
Quote:
Originally Posted by carfansince73 View Post
Wow, you aren't wasting any time at all!! Looks great so far. I always see these installs with that blue tape covering the heads. Did it come with that? Once you are done, I'd like to hear how hard the install was. I am certainly not a seasoned mechanic, and I might end up getting someone to install one for me if it's too hard.

Where did you buy yours from?
The blue tape is 3M painters tape I have left over from painting. I got mine through ZZMotorsports. The install wasn't bad at all. It will go easier with a second person. I put all I could on the supercharger before it went into the car, hoses, harness extension, etc. These would be hard to get to once it is installed. The supplied directions are top notch along with the quality & fit. Some of the intake bolts are very hard to get to and take some thinking and patience to get tight. I cut all my hoses prior to doing the install in the comfort of AC. A good pair of hose clamp pliers will save some frustration, especially when playing with the hoses on the firewall. If you have tools and are inclined to use them you should be able to tackle this install, just take your time and have some patience.