View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #5
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjm333 View Post
I bought a 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible on 04/27/13 and the car order was placed on 04/30/13. I did ask the dealer if there would be a problem with getting the 2013 ZL1 since the 2014 models would be coming out soon and she said "not a problem whatsoever"
I talked with her today and she said Chevy no longer will build the ZL1 that I ordered and I need to buy & order a 2014 ZL1 which I cannot order till mid to late june. The 2014 ZL1 will cost me around $4000 to $5000 more she said and I tried to negotiate the new order since I think I am being inconvenienced but she would not negotiate at all.
I have not purchased a new car since 1986/VW Golf so basically its all new to me & I would appreciate some advice/inpute on what I should do or how to handle this. I think she should give something off the 2014 ZL1 or throw something in but I could be wrong. Thanks in advance !
Did you actually purchase the 2013? or just placed an order for one? If you just placed an order with a small deposit, then the salesperson should have verified that they had an allocation available for the ZL1. Other than that, they were blowing smoke up your you-know-what and force you to order a '14 and pay a markup. If you truly want to order a '13, you would have to find a dealership with an allocation reserved for a ZL1 and get that order in pronto, they stop building the '13's June 27th.

If I were you I would get your deposit back and look for a dealership that will guarantee you the price you want to pay in writing (don't ever take their word for it) unless you deal with someone like BeckyD@RogersChevrolet. They are located in Michigan, but you can get vehicles there at or below MSRP and she can have the vehicle shipped to a local dealership or you could fly in and drive it home.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote