View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 03:47 PM   #14
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
If you wanted to get going on ordering parts now - you can't go wrong with the 1 7/8s LTs on the LS3. If you know what brand of header you want to buy, shoot them an email with your question. They've tested the heck out of various sizes and will steer you in the right direction.

The most common thing I heard researching this - we really like the way 1 7/8s are performing on the LS3. But there is also some differences brand to brand, you may find one with a set up they have tuned in to their liking using 1 3/4....

But the couple I checked with said they really liked the 1 7/8s, so that was good enough for me. I know that they have tested the heck out of it. Makes sense too, the LS3 has some pretty big ports. Large port heads generally like a decent primary pipe size.

Im getting the kooks complete exhaust system. LTs, catted midpipes, and cat-back. The part#' is either 6511 or 6510 (depending on the header primary diameter that i want)

They're both essentially the same sytem except the 6511 has 1 7/8 primaries and says its "for 550+hp" application and the 6510 has 1 3/4 primaries.

i know the LT's, tune, and CAI wont get me nowhere near 550hp, but i still want the 1 7/8" headers. thats why im a little up in the air. DO YOU have 1 7/8 headers on yours? What brand? Does your car have a similar setup to what im going to put together for mine?

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote