View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 11:43 AM   #50
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^Well, isn't that what they are doing w/ taxes?...basically trying to help stimulate the economy as it is now?

I agree with what you said^. It would be pretty cool to have the gov't subsidize the purchase. I mean...I'm not too "in the hole" in buying this car. I mean, it's going to happen. But....it would be nice to offset the cost.

Scott, some of my initial thought was obviously flawed (I sure ain't a financial guru!). But, everything else set aside, I'm just trying to toss out some ideas that could help GM get some ground under them. I mean...if you can nab all those people who were "on the verge" of buying, but ...... just ...... couldn't see it happening due to some sort of financing or minimal cost problem...maybe it would help them?

Heck. Since GM would not be getting any return or make any money on the loan, why not just make it more competitive and beat out the other credit agencies (for qualified buyers, of course).

Right now, I can get 3.7% from Randolf Brooks Fed Cred Union. I am hoping that my regular bank will match that financing. They probably will. USAA said they would NOT do price matching. But, when it comes down to it, they CAN make the loan AND make money off of it. OR.....GMAC COULD lower that financing rate down to 3.5 or even lower to 3% and STILL make money off the loan.

Why not?

Sure, GM is hurting. Yes, they would have to loan out the money. BUT....they would still be making more money in the long run. I understand short term would be difficult for selling many, many vehicles and having to finance them ALL at ZERO....but, in the long run, sales would go WAY up resulting in more money for GM.

Ok.

If GM can't do ZERO.....do SOMETHING. Not just for the Camaros...they, of course, will mostly sell themselves.....do it for ALL cars! GM needs the sales!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote