View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #3
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
I have had the Richmond 3.73s and currently LPE 3.91s in my L99 and can say without a doubt, I would recommend the LPE 3.70s if your looking for a gear set in that ratio range. I would recommend them over the Richmond gears.

The reason, gear noise and strength. I had the spider gear in my posi unit go south and the stress cracked the ring gear on the Richmond set. Not the fault of Richmond. ALso, the Richmond gears, while not loud by any means, had a noticable gear whine at around 38-45 mph. Not bad, and I really did not notice it until I had the LPEs installed and had absolutely zero gear noise of any kind.

Cost a bit more but I would recommend the LPE gears.

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote