View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 11:05 PM   #72
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Bout the only negative I've ever heard was from a guy in a Prius or something like it... Nasty comment about my carbon footprint... So I replied yup, I'll show you a carbon footprint... And laid it down with parallel tracks... They may still be there... Oops, sorry, he caught me in a bad mood...

One time at a car show, there was a polished Maggie car on one side of me and a Kenne Belle car on the other... Most of the "gear heads" would eww and ahh over the other cars and glance under my hood and walk on... The two other cars are owned by friends of mine... They were steering the "gear heads" back to mine stating the power difference... I had 200 rwhp over both of them... They never figured it out... Then up walks a 17 or 18 yo kid... He glances at the blower cars, looks under my hood... Shakes his head, starts to walk away... Then turns back, looks closer, the practically dives under the hood, without touching the car... We three are grinning... The kid looks through the grill, then smiles, turns to us and asks..." Where they at... I can't see them but I know they are in there..". Now the four of us had a great conversation... Very very sharp kid... Reinstilled my faith in future car enthusiasts...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote