View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 01:32 AM   #14
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
If your gonna spend big bucks go v8. Half the fun is at the stoplight when it's rumbling. No offense to the V6 and V6 modders but it's like

"omg can it accept noobian hyperdrive motovators??"... etc. etc.. overkill.
First off, I've driven V8 cars before - plenty of them. And I don't think I'm going to miss out on the rumble at the stoplight thing just because I'm buying a V6. My car will rumble too - in fact, once its done I would be surprised if most people would mistake it FOR a V8.

If I wanted the horsepower potential to be higher, then yes, I'd be getting the V8 instead of the V6. But I don't. The V6 will easily get to the amount of power that I want and I don't want any more than that. Plus, insurance will be loads cheaper, payments will be cheaper, gas mileage will be better, and I can honestly say I would enjoy the car more. With the V8 I would be tempted to line it up at the stop light. This way I won't.

And, I'm eventually going to turn my car into a road race car - maybe some autocross too. So, I'll be getting the V6 for its lighter weight and superior weight distribution. Also, if I can get my car to 380 horses and pull the 100 lbs I would like to drop, I'll have a 9.6 to one power to weight ratio, compared to the V8's 9.3 to one - close enough for what I want, seeing how I'm shooting for a 13 second 1/4. Plus, fuel economy will be better, and the price will be cheaper overall. Total price for the way I want my car is going to come up to just under 26,000 - thats 5,000 worth of mods and its still 5,000 less than the V8's MSRP. And it'll be close enough in speed to be able to take an average driver. Maybe even more because I'll be swapping the suspension too, which should make up for that .3 to one power to weight difference.

I understand that all of this probably means absolutely nothing to you V8 guys, but what it means to me is that I don't give a rats a$$ what you think my car should be. I know how I want my car to be - run, sound, look - and I will have it just like that. And I will be happy with it just the way it is.

So, don't come over here to the V6 forum tooting your own horn about how the V8 is so much better than the V6. Go to the V8 forum for that. Those of us over here know what we want just like you know what you want and you don't have to be a dick just because they aren't the same thing.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote