View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 07:33 PM   #52
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
Your post assumes callaway is targeting novice drivers. They are making ten of them. For all you know callaway would prefer only top tier competitive drivers to purchase these.

Also, everyone is saying a cam will do the same as as sc without the weight. Doesn't the z/28 have a fairly aggressive cam already? And don't forget, you can do a cam and sc, it's. It one or the other?

It seems like everyone is forgetting shops are in business to make money. If you have an issue, don't blame the shop, blame the consumer. If callaway makes these and sells them, how could you possibly say they shouldn't have made them.

And don't forget, you still have a warranty!

I don't get the complaints. Stock z/28 vs this callaway z/28 with the same driver....which car wins around the track and down the strip!
My understanding is the LS7 cam has relatively short duration for its displacement to pass emissions.

For reference, take a look at the ZR1 vs the Z06/Z07. Despite the 130+ horsepower disparity, the Z06 was almost as fast. I would expect the S/C Z/28 to be faster on tracks with more straights but on tighter tracks, the N/A Z/28 would benefit from it's better balance.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote