View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 09:57 AM   #30
BMR Suspension

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Pedders has had what we describe as Delrin for the street high desinty urethane sub-frame bushes for the 5th gen....
Pete,
I think that it is misleading to describe your high density polyurethane as Delrin. Delrin is an engineered material designed and patented by DuPont, similar to Nylon or Teflon. Check your notes and I'm sure you'll see that Delrin and high-density polyurethane are very different. Different chemical properties and different mechanical properties.

Straight from the Engineering Department at BMR Suspension:

DelrinŽ 150 Bar
Acetal (Delrin) provides high strength and stiffness coupled with enhanced dimensional stability and ease of machining. As a semi-crystalline material, Acetal is also characterized by a low coefficient of friction and good wear properties, especially in wet environments. Typical tensile strength is between 7500 psi and 9900 psi.

High-Density Polyurethane
An expanded polyurethane foam with a closed cell structure which imparts its maintenance free properties. Tensile strength can be as high as 6000 psi.

See what I mean. I'm not trying to bash you. I just think that technical accuracy is important.
BMR Suspension is offline   Reply With Quote