View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 10:17 AM   #19
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenhower View Post
And giving a license & car to a 16 year old kid is just plain stupid. Young males drivers (ages 16-19) speed more often than older drivers, so for this, states ought to restrict licensed drivers to 18 and up, period.
That's depressing...I got a car (crapper - but still a car) when I was 16.5, right after that 6 month period to get your license. It's bad enough we get charged to death by insurance companies, I couldn't imagine having to wait untill I was 18 to drive...how would I get to work...

Note: I "speed", only on the highways, and thruways, when either the traffic is going above the limit, or there is nobody around. I didn't do that untill I learned the road, and where the turns/hills/trouble spots were. The way I look at it, is, there's just speeding to go fast - which is what causes accidents, and then there's "speeding", when you're going faster than "you should" but you know how to control/be safe with your vehicle.

The issue I have is when people (Not you eisenhower - you said 'more often') argue that "oh, teenage guys are just terrible drivers, all of them speed, they are what cause the most accidents..." yadda, yadda.....It's not all of us. and after 3 years of completely SAFE driving: Yes I speed. Yes I've gotten into close calls (not always while I'm going fast). But, I've never gotten a ticket, and never had an accident, VERY rarely cut somebody off (only when they are speeding and I don't realize it), and never had to jerk/turn real fast to avoid a collision (I pay attention)....After 3 years, I should not have to pay as much as the a$$holes out there who DO do all the above things.

/off rant.