Thread: Atlanta Club
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 01:37 PM   #1
JKbride
JKbride

Drives: 2 Fbodys, 06 Monte SS (LS4), C6
Atlanta Club

Hello, My name is John and I founded the Atlanta Camaro and Firebird Assoc 12 years ago and we are one of the most active and organizations around (see below).

We are a good fit for 5th Gen owners because we love to drive our cars. Of course we like to do cruises and a few shows, but our cars were meant to be driven and that is what we do....after all that is why you bought it right? This year we did road trips each month from April-Sep to the following places:

Social Circle, GA-Lunch at the Blue Willow and a local show
Juliette, GA-Lunch at the Wistle Stop Cafe (from the movie Fried Green Tomotoes), followed by a Cruise-in in Newnan
Columbus, GA-Lunch at the famous Dinglewood Pharamcy (one of the few remaining lunch counters in a Pharamcy in the US) and afternoon at the Infantry Museum at Ft. Benning
Dahlonaga, GA-Mountain back roads cruise and lunch on Dahlonaga Square
Atlanta, GA-Lunch at the Varisty and trip to the GA Aquarium
Chattanooga TN-Chickamuga Battlefield, Dinner Cruise on the Southern Bell, Ruby Falls and Rock City. This was a overnight trip and we stayed in a hotel downtown Chattanooga.
Nov 2010 we are organizing the All American Camaro Show in Mcdonough, GA.
Dec 2010 we are doing the McDonough Chirstmas Parade.

Next year, we will start our road trips in March and go through Sep. At our meeting this weekend (1pm, 9 Oct at Bellamy Strickland Chevrolet, exit 216 I-75, Mcdonough, GA) we will settle on a slate of activities for 2011 and discuss our show. We expect to do a couple of trips to the Mountains, Air and Space Museum in Huntsville, Savannah Trip, etc.

We have a strong belief that your the member and not your car, so if's it's a factory stripper V6 or a full tilt RS/SS with a turbo added, we are just happy to have you and your family with us.

We are a dirverse group, with various ages, genders and enthic back grounds. We have sevaral veterans and families in our club, all with one thing in common... our love for our country and our cars.

For more info go to www.atlantacfa.com

John
JKbride is offline   Reply With Quote