View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #8153
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Sad thing is I know the guy is wrong, but I can't put it into a simple explanation.
Run both cars at 30 MPH straight into each other. The winner is the driver that walks away

Why bother with them? To settle down a Mustang monocoque we use a strut tower bar, an adjustable just behind the engine tubular brace to replace the flimsy stamped OE brace, we replace the flimsy stamped sheet metal rear chassis brace with a rectangular 20x10mm brace, we replace the panhard bar, the third arm and the third arm mount.

Let me see what do we have to do to a 5th Gen Camaro monocoque...... oh yeah, I remember now. NOTHING. We don't replace any arms. We don't add any braces. We put in coilovers, sways, bushes and run it.

For whatever reason, so many in the press and in the Muscle Car world just don't get it. The Mustang is a limp dictionary. Can we make it run with a Camaro, you all know that story, but we are beating our heads against a brick wall if we think we are going to get people outside this forum to understand the Mustang is not a Camaro off the showroom floor.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote