View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 03:46 AM   #11
Twin Turbo

Drives: '05 Ford Mustang
I've been poking around a couple of Mustang forums recently and the odd thing is, they seem to hate both of these.

The silver one I can accept, as it certainly has strong overtones of the Camaro....probably why I like it so much

However, why they can dislike the red '09 model is beyond me, as it's little more than a new GT500 clone......and they all like the Shelby

The original R&T article stated that the facelift (red) would be out in '09, whilst the all new car (silver) would be out in '12. Could be just rumours, but it appears Ford may bring forward the all new car to '10 so that its not too far behind the Camaro. If the new car uses the Australian Falcon platform, as has been suggested, then IRS is likely. Another nod to the Camaro.

All in all, I think Ford are rightly worried about the new Camaro. Here's a stunning car, with IRS and great powerful engines, just ready to take away Mustang sales. Hopefully they're doing all they can to make the next generation 'Stang a real competitor to the Camaro, to the benefit of the end buyer.

Twin Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote